As I reflect on the last 1,095 days of the Rainier Valley Post (who’s counting?!), I am at once humbled by and overwhelmed with gratitude for all those who have helped make this valuable community resource such a success, including:
- The talented contributors who provide original content and images, especially Will Austin, Rebecca Kavoussi, Peter Masundire, David Mullarkey, Myra Myra, Tristin Pagenkopf, Don Pham, Julie Pham, Mark Solomon, South Seattle Cop, South Seattle Slew, Craig Thompson, Sable Verity, Jenna Walden and Mikala Woodward;
- The intrepid tipsters, volunteers, commenters, flickr contributors and new members who keep it all going;
- The fabulous sponsors that help power your RVP;
- Our Pulitzer Prize-winning news partner The Seattle Times, and other referring sites like Publicola, Seattle Transit Blog, Columbia Citizens and the Stranger’s Slog, that help drive traffic;
- and last, but certainly not least, the many friends, neighbors and community leaders who have given so generously of themselves, especially Andrea Gerber, Andrea Ptak, Betina Simmons, Bruce Perham, Carla Jones, Charleete Black, Christi Muoneke, Commandr Whitehead, Cookie Boudin, Daphne Schneider, Denise Gloster, Diana Vinh, Don Davis, Fatima Azami, Flora Lewis, Frank Tower, Greg Anderson, Gregory Davis, James Koutsky, Jeannie O’Brien, Jenna Walden, Jennifer Duong, Jennifer Gaer, Jourdan Keith, Julie Antos, Helen Thomas, Linh Thai, Mariana Quarnstrom, Mark Beavon, Mark Solomon, Mona Lee, Naomi Michel, Nina Bowman, Pat Carr, Pat Murakami, Rochelle Vinson, Sarah Valenta, Shelton Wright, Susan Davis, Wyking Garrett, Yalonda Gill Masundire and Yun Pitre.
Thank you for three great years; here’s to another 10!
P.S. If you haven’t yet become a member, won’t you please consider doing so today? Click here for info.