COLUMBIA CITY – This week, the Kadampa Meditation Center resumes its South Seattle meditation series with “Modern Buddhism” led by facilitator Kath Sylverson.
“By developing and maintaining compassion and wisdom in daily life, we can transform our lives, improve our relationships with others and look behind appearances to see the way things really are,” says Sylverson. “Through this exploration of teachings from the book Modern Buddhism, we can find lasting happiness and accomplish the real meaning of our human life.”
The classes include guided meditations, teachings and discussion, and are held on Mondays from 7:30 to 9 pm at Bodyworks (4860 Rainier Ave. S.) in Columbia City. See schedule below. Drop-ins are always welcome. Suggested donation is $10 per class, $5 students, seniors and unemployed. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
“Each talk is a part of a series and yet self-contained,” added Sylverson. “You can drop into the series anytime and still feel that you have something worthwhile to take home with you. No experience is necessary and everyone is welcome.”
Kadampa South Seattle Meditation Series:
Essential Spiritual Practices
- October 22 – The Four Noble Truths
- October 29 – Learning to Love
- November 5 – A Supreme Good Heart
- November 12 – Finding a Meaningful Life
- November 19 – Overcoming Anger and Frustration
Wisdom & Imagination
- November 26 – Wisdom Realizing Ultimate Truth
- December 3 – The Power of Imagination
- December 10 – Levels of Consciousness
Photo/Kadampa Meditation Center