Your RVP needs an energetic, tech-savvy, web-obsessed intern who lives and breathes social media.
The Rainier Valley Post (RVP) is Southeast Seattle’s only independent source for news, information, events, discussion and community building, and we have ambitious goals for increasing our traffic in 2012 and beyond.
To help us get there, we are seeking an individual who wants to help build and engage a strong online community using social media strategies. This internship will include hands-on, learning opportunities as a member of a small team and requires attention to detail, analytical skills, excellent communication skills and sense of humor.
Internship Description & Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of this role is to learn about and support your RVP’s social media and editorial efforts. As an intern, you will:
- Research cutting edge social media techniques and best practices
- Monitor social media analytics and report results
- Participate in and initiate conversations with RVP’s social media audience, with a primary focus on Facebook and Twitter
- Assist with administrative tasks and postings
- Desire to take initiative and work independently
- Strong writing, verbal, and interpersonal social skills
- Savvy and experience with social networking tools
- Strong knowledge of online communities
- Previous blogging experience a plus
- News junkies welcome!
This is a 3-6 month, 10-hour a week internship.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media Intern” in the subject line. Also, send one tweet summing up why you should be the RVP’s social media intern, using the hash tag #rvpSM.
No phone calls, please.