RAINIER BEACH – This weekend, the Seattle Alliance of Black School Educators and the U.S. Department of Education – in partnership with Seattle Public Schools – will sponsor a parent forum at Rainier Beach High School (8815 Seward Park Ave. S.) in the Rainier Valley.
According to organizers, attendees will “learn strategies to support your child” in the following areas:
- Family Support Worker Program, SPS
- School Family Partnerships, SPS
- Seattle Public Schools Initiatives
- The Importance of Social Emotional Skills in Early Learning Education
- Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (also known as No Child Left Behind, Flexibility, etc.)
- Parental Involvement Title I Section 1118
- Parent Advocacy in Special Education Services
- Partnership for Action and Voice for Empowerment
- Student Achievement
- Legislative Update
The event is scheduled for Sat., March 17, from 9:30 am to 3 pm. All families are invited to attend and lunch will be served at no charge.
Photo/Rainier Valley Post