According to the Rainier Beach Community Block Watch – the organization that hosted last night’s meeting with Jim Diers – Mayor McGinn is planning a rare Rainier Valley visit on Thur., Sept. 30, to attend a public safety meeting at Rainier Beach Community Center (8825 Rainier Ave. S.).
The community center is located on the northwest corner of Rainier and Henderson, where there have been three shootings, two beatings and a stabbing in less than two weeks.
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn at last year’s candidates forum in Columbia City. Photo/David Mullarkey Images
- Another Shooting at City’s Most Violent Corner; Mayor Promises Better Lighting (8/26/10)
- Man Injured in Rainier Beach Stabbing; Guess Where… (8/22/10)
- Community in Crisis: Man Beaten, Set on Fire in Rainier Beach (8/20/10)
- Two Shootings in 24 Hours, Two Kids Injured, 10-Year Old Gunman, Mayor SILENT (8/19/10)
- Police: 10-Year-Old Gunshot Victim Shot Himself While Robbing Teen on Bus (8/18/10)
- Teen Injured in Rainier Beach Shooting; Suspect at Large (8/17/10)